Coaching is a professional relationship whereby the person being coached gains access to something that is already within them.
Unlike teaching or mentoring, coaches know that every individual has what they need already.
Through the coach’s ability to deeply listen, be curious and ask questions, the person being coached uncovers what had unto that point been invisible to them. And in this way, the person being coached rediscovers their own power and the solution to all of their problems.
A coach is not an expert in any one field. Unlike consultants who are employed to find a solution, and specialise in a specific area, coach’s work with anyone.
A coach is not a therapist or counsellor. Rather than looking to the past, a coach looks at what is possible to be created in the future, once self-created limits have been dissolved.
Why might you work with a coach?
Most people are familiar with the concept that people within elite sport have a coach.
The coach is not employed because there is something wrong, but because there is a desire from an individual to be the best they can be.
People who employ me, do so because they see they are not functioning to their fullest potential. They see that there are things getting in the way of them living life in its entirety. Those things could be anxiety, physical health issues, job dissatisfaction, lack of confidence, fear or insecurity to name but a few.
They feel that they are not the creators of their lives but are rather the reactors to it and would like this to change.
Why work with me?
There are a number of ways in which working with me is very different from having a conversation with a friend. Although the sessions may appear to be conversations they differ in the following ways:
- As a coach I create a safe space in which you can be yourself fully without any filters or pretence
- As a coach I listen deeply. I respect, honour and hold you just as you are knowing there is no requirement for you to be any different
- As a coach my aim is to serve you which may at times be challenging but will ultimately lead to your growth
- As a coach I am your ‘sounding board’ – someone to bounce ideas off and to speak to who has no emotional investment in your challenges and who won’t attempt to direct your decisions
- As a coach I may ask difficult and confronting questions that help you to see the world in a different way
- As a coach I challenge and help you to see the limitations you’ve innocently acquired
- As a coach I encourage you to question everything; to look beyond your beliefs
- As a coach I will enable you to discover the answers to your own questions, ensuring you grow in independence
- As a coach I help you see your own magnificence and how you’ve always been connected to the source of all solutions
- As a coach I help you see what’s possible
Find out more about me
To find out more about me and my story and how I became a coach visit my about me page.
Work with me
If you’re interested in the possibility of working with me, book a complimentary exploratory call where we can explore your wants and desires.